Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

As I celebrate Memorial Day, my prayers are with the families that lost a love one serving our country.  I celebrate the dedication, bravery, and love of those that serve or served our country.  Thank you for helping keep us safe and free.

I talk with my kids about what it means to be free.  I encourage them to thank every military person they see.  While Poppy Cat is too shy for this now, I am confident he will follow in Legoman's foot steps.

Today we celebrated with these confetti pancakes.  Nothing fancy just pancake mix and sprinkles but, the kids loved them. 


Memorial Day Pancakes
Memorial Day Pancakes
Later on today we will celebrate with a cookout at Nana's and these patriotic cupcakes.  Again, nothing fancy just cupcake mix, frosting, and sprinkles.  The kids will love them just because they were made with lots of love!
 
Memorial Day Cupcakes
Memorial Day Cupcakes

Enjoy your day with your family!

Blessings!
Bridget

1 comment:

  1. I saw your comment on a fellow homeschooler blog (the Noah's ark printables) and saw you were a new blogger. Welcome to the community!! Looking forward to browsing around your site.

    Lindsey @ GrowingKidsMinistry.com

    ReplyDelete