Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Wrap it Up Tortillas

This tortilla recipe has been a staple for lunches on the go.  With my youngest having allergies to 
yeast this is my go to for lunch. I usually top it with chicken, rice, lettuce, or his favorite is nut butter
and banana.  The wraps come out super soft and delicious. I store them in the fridge to keep them 
fresh. After being refrigerated just pop them in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds to soften them
up to make them more flexible.



















Wrap It Up Tortillas (Makes 8)

2 cups organic all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (I use Frontier Brand)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup organic coconut milk
2 tbsp organic coconut oil

Instructions:

Add all ingredients to stand mixer (I use a KitchenAid Mixer). Process till it forms a dough ball. 
Add additional coconut milk as needed to process. You don't want the dough to be sticky. 
If you add too much milk you can add a little more flour to fix it.  The dough needs to be able
to be rolled out.  

Once you have your dough ball cut it in half and then from each half make four equal sized dough
balls.  Roll them out till they are flat.  I usually don't use more flour at this point unless I have to
keep them from sticking. Once rolled out place them on your cast iron skillet (this is my favorite)
or pan and cook until you see little brown spots. The longer you cook them the harder they
become so watch them closely. Once the pan is well heated it should take less than a minute
on each side.

Well, that "wraps it up". Go get stuffing them with something wonderful.  They make great soft
tacos as well. Enjoy!

Bridget


No comments:

Post a Comment