Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Instant Pot Millet

Instant Pot Millet

Have you ever tried millet? It is delicious served for breakfast, or as a substitute for rice. My husband likes it with a little butter on it, but, I opt for dairy free. My favorite way to eat it is with some almond milk, cinnamon, and raisins cooked like a breakfast cereal. I'll be posting that recipe soon, so stay tuned.

Well, as it turns out millet is awesome in the Instant Pot.  What I love about the Instant Pot is that it is a fix it and forget it. I can move around preparing other food items and it's ready in a "instant" 😊.

Instant Pot Millet


Here is what you'll need.

Instant Pot
1/2 cup millet
1 cup water

Instructions:

Add 1/2 cup of millet and 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. Lock the lid in place and make sure the vent is closed. Select pressure cook for 9 minutes, make sure the pressure is set to high. Once complete hit the cancel button and manual release the pressure.

Open and enjoy! Let me know what you think if this is the first time you tried millet.

Blessings,
Bridget


2 comments:

  1. I tried it and it is delicious and smells good cooking too all by itself...so easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I hope you enjoy it. It is a family favorite here.

    ReplyDelete