Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Organize Your Refrigerator Tonight!


I love cooking up delicious meals, and I have found a super easy method for organizing all my leftovers. Just a few minutes can save you lots of time and ensure that nothing gets wasted.

Here is what you will need:

storage containers (I prefer Pyrex, but this works with whatever you have)
Scotch tape
Sharpie

Here is what I do: 

Once I have finished a meal, I pack up the leftovers. Before I put them into the refrigerator, I take a piece of tape and stick it to the container. I write the contents and the date I made the meal with a black Sharpie on the tape. This helps me to know what leftovers are in the refrigerator without opening all the containers, and tells me exactly how long it has been in the refrigerator. No more guessing! Let's face it, the days zoom by. Just because it seems like you made it a few days ago sometimes, that is not the case. This also helps my family know exactly what is available without making a mess of the refrigerator. 

Organize Your Refrigerator Tonight! Mama Says Dance in the Rain

The best part is that cleaning out the refrigerator is a breeze, because you have dates on everything. This helps keep the refrigerator clean, reduces waste, and keeps spending in check. I also use mason jars to store dry ingredients in the pantry with the same method. I write the contents and the expiration date on a piece of tape and stick it to the lid. It keeps my pantry nice and tidy, and saves me time when I have to clean out the pantry.

On a side note, my family also uses this little tape as a reminder for me that I need to prepare more of something or add it to the shopping list when we run out. Simply peel off the tape and add it to your list.

I hope this simple inexpensive tip helps you as much as it does me. I would love to hear what you do to keep your food organized. I love organization, and I'm always looking for useful tips.

Just wanted to give a shout out to the folks at Pyrex. They have done a awesome job with thier food storage containers. I love that they are glass and can be popped into the microwave, toaster oven, oven, or freezer. The lids are fun colors and make my leftovers look attractive, and they last. I did have a problem with a few lids, and the folks at Pyrex took care of them without hesitation. I like that! So if you are in the market for some new food storage containers give these a try. You won't be disappointed. Although they cost more, they last and come with a warranty!

Have a blessed day!
Bridget


No comments:

Post a Comment