Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, March 4, 2018

How My Kids Improved Their Spelling in One Week

My kids improved their spelling in one week with this app

Spelling has never been a favorite subject for my boys. Let's face it, most kids don't love reviewing and writing their spelling words. I was on the look out for a method to improve their grades while making it fun, and I found just what I was looking for. With just a few minutes per day my kids are now making straight A's in spelling!
My kids improved their spelling in one week with this app

Thanks to the A+ Spelling Test app my kids are now doing awesome in Spelling. If your interested in trying out this app you will find it on the App Store . The best part is it's free and it works! I start the week by entering and recording their words. They have four days to study; then they are tested on day 5. They start day 1 with practice, A+ Spelling's introduction to the words. On day 2, they unscramble the words. By day 3 they are challenged with Ace it, basically the system continues to review the words until they spell them correctly. On day 4 they are tested on the words, with the option to retest on the words they miss. The repetition of the words helps them with troublesome words. On day 3 and 4, I am emailed their progress so that I can help them with any troublesome words. On day 5, we do a written test of the words. They also write their words daily in their spelling notebook. This has been life changing for my family, as it can be done with very little supervision. It frees me up to work with my other child, or catch up on grading some other assignments.

My kids improved their spelling in one week with this app
I have referred a few other homeschoolers to this app and they have loved it, so I thought I would share it with you. It doesn't matter whether your child is homeschooled or attends a traditional school this is an awesome app.

Let me know what you think!

Blessings,
Bridget


No comments:

Post a Comment