Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Delicious Dairy Free Pizza

Did you know that you can still enjoy pizza if you are dairy free! It's true! I'll be sharing my recipes and resources so you can make your very own. My family loves pizza; I mean who doesn't? After we switched to dairy free, we were thinking that pizza was a thing of the past until we discovered Delicious Dairy Free Pizza.


#dairyfree #pizza #eatclean #healthyrecipes #yeastfree #delicious #nutritious #mamasaysdanceintherain

Pizza sauce

Ingredients

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 good sized garlic clove (minced)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 tbsp coconut oil

Tools:

Immersion Blender

Instructions:

Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to medium sauce pan. Then add 1/2 cup chopped onion.  Once softened, add garlic, salt, basil, oregano stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add diced tomatoes. Blend until smooth with immersion blender. Allow it to simmer until desired thickness is reached. I usually simmer for 20 minutes. 


Pizza Dough

Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)

Tools:

Kitchen Aid Mixer

Instructions:

Place all ingredients in the Kitchen Aid mixer and mix until combined on low speed. If dough feels sticky toss in a little bit of flour and roll into a circle. I place parchment paper on the counter, roll into a circle, and then place in the pan. It's mess free; I can slide my pizza right off the pan and start another one. Next, top crust with sauce, cashew mozzarella, desired toppings, bake for 15-20 minutes until crust and top of pizza is golden.

Cashew Mozzerella 


Ingredients:

1/2 cup raw cashews
1 1/3 cup water
2 tbsp + 2 tsp tapioca starch
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Tools:

Vitamix

Instructions:


Add cashews to a sauce pan. Cover cashews with water and boil for about ten minutes. Then strain the cashews; add cashews and remaining ingredients to a Vitamix. Process until smooth; then pour back into the sauce pan and heat until it starts to clump. Continue mixing until it resembles melted cheese. Add to the top of the pizza immediately. I usually drop in small clumps with a spoon to resemble mozzarella rounds.

When making pizza, I make my sauce first. Then I make the dough and assemble the toppings. I always top my dough with sauce so, that it is ready to go once the cheese is done. Then top with optional toppings and bake. Toppings! Oh, so many to choose from. 😊 Some of our favorites are fresh sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, and grilled chicken; sauteed onions and peppers; or who can resist turkey bacon. Yum!🥓 Also, sprinkling a little dried oregano on top is a must! 🍕

I hope that you enjoy this recipe. I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for following along.😊

Blessings,
Bridget


No comments:

Post a Comment