Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Bursting Blueberry Muffins


These blueberry muffins are my oldest son's favorite muffin. They are dairy free, egg free, and refined sugar free. They are perfect for breakfasts on the go and weekday mornings. I always keep a stash in the freezer for those mornings when I wake up and need something in a hurry.

Here is what you will need:
1/2 cup warm water
2 tbsp ground organic flax seed
1 cup organic whole wheat flour
3/4 cup organic all purpose flour
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup organic melted coconut oil
1/2 cup organic coconut cream 
1/2 cup of honey or organic pure maple syrup 
Zest and juice from half of a lemon
1 cup organic blueberries ( I use organic frozen blueberries that I buy in bulk from Costco)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare muffin pan (I like these liners).

Make flax egg by mixing warm water with ground flax. Allow it to set 5 minutes.

Add all other ingredients except blueberries in a large bowl.  Add flax egg to bowl. Mix all ingredients together and then add blueberries.

Bake muffins for 22 minutes. 

Enjoy! Let me know what you think if you make them. I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment