Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Is it Coffee or Tea? You decide.

While at my local health food store, I came across a product that sparked my curiosity, Teeccino. I am a tea lover and my husband is a coffee lover. Wouldn't it be great to have a beverage that we both could enjoy?  We gave it a try and now we want to share it with you!



 Well the truth is, Teeccino is neither a coffee nor a tea.

According to the website it is pronounced tee CHEE no. It is a blend of herbs, grains, fruits, and nuts that have been roasted and ground that taste like coffee.  It is caffeine free and can be used to kick the caffeine habit and still enjoy your favorite beverage. Teeccino refers to it as a "herbal coffee", "coffee substitute", or "coffee alternative".

Teeccino is made with herbs that you will easy recognize.  Their website boasts of it's health benefits as it is gluten free, caffeine free, non acidic, supports healthy heart function, contains inulin as a prebiotic, contains antioxidants, and is a natural energy booster.

It is available in a variety of  flavors in both ground and tea bags.


We tried the Vanilla Nut Roasted Herbal Tea Bag. Upon opening the envelope the smell was divine and we couldn't wait to try it. The first time we tried it, I steeped it for about five minutes which resulted in a stronger more coffee like tasting beverage. As a tea drinker it was a little strong for me. My next try I steeped for about 45 seconds and reused my tea bag to make a total of three cups of tea for myself and two boys. The result was a wonderful, delicious cup of tea/coffee. We added a little honey and some almond milk and we all agreed it was a win win in our book. It definitely met our expectations as far as taste was concerned. I paid $3.99 for a box of 10 tea bags. I felt that it was a fair price for what I received as each tea bag is packed with flavor and our family was able to enjoy multiple cups from just one bag.

We are looking forward to expanding our collection of Teeccino and our next stop will be the Maya Chai Tea Bags, Chocolate Raspberry Tea Bags,  French Vanilla Tea Bags, or Maya Chocolate Tea Bags.



If you try it out let me know how you liked it. In your opinion was it a coffee or tea?

Warm Blessings,
Bridget


No comments:

Post a Comment