Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Cranberry Orange Muffins

Cranberry Orange Muffins - Dairy Free & Egg Free - Great recipes for people with food sensitivities
We love muffins in our house, because they are so versatile. They can be served for breakfast, packed for lunch, served as a after school snack, or even a dessert. I try to always have muffins on hand and they freeze wonderfully. I remember a few months back during hurricane season. I filled my freezer with different flavored muffins just in case we lost power. We could live on muffins! 😊 When you cook your meals from scratch, no power is a big problem.

Today I am so excited to share my Cranberry Orange Muffin recipe with you. I love cranberries they are one of my favorite things. My youngest has developed a love for them too. My oldest thinks they are a little too tart but, these muffins were a hit! They both gobbled them up. They have a perfect blend of sweetness and tartness. I can't wait for you to try them.

Here is what you will need:

1/2 cup warm water
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 orange, juiced & zested
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375. Prepare standard muffin pan with paper or silicone muffin liners.

In a small bowl or cup combine warm water and ground flax seed to make flax egg. Let it sit for 5 minutes.

In a mixing bowl combine coconut oil, maple syrup, juice from 1 orange, zest from 1 orange, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flax egg mixture. Mix until combined. Add cranberries and divide mixture between 10-12 standard muffin cavities depending how large you like your muffins.  Sprinkle the tops with 1 tsp of coconut sugar and bake for 22 minutes. Remove from oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving.

Enjoy! I hope you are enjoying the egg free, dairy free, and corn free recipes. Food sensitivities can be difficult and I hope that I am providing you with recipes that are easy to prepare and delicious while facing food sensitivities.

Have a great day!
Bridget


1 comment:

  1. Having read this I thought it was really enlightening.
    I appreciage you spending some time annd effort to puut this information together.
    I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time botth reading and leaving comments.
    Buut so what, it was still worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete