Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, January 20, 2018

It Is Chili Weather


Baby, it's cold outside and perfect weather for a hot bowl of chili. Chili holds a special place in my heart as I have fond memories of my mom making up a big batch of chili. I loved every bite! Now, I am building chili memories with my boys.

I am hooked on my Instant Pot. I love being able to load everything in and take a few minutes to do some chores as the Instant Pot works it's magic. No stirring required.


Here is what you will need:

1 lb Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef (Costco is my favorite brand)
1 14 oz can of Organic Pinto Beans
1 14 oz can of Organic Black Beans
2 29 oz can of Organic Diced Tomatoes (I use 365 Brand)
3 tbsp. Organic Chili Powder
1 Organic Onion (diced)
2 tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Organic Onion Powder
2 tsp Organic Garlic Powder
1 tsp Organic Paparika
2 tbsp Organic Coconut Aminos
Instant Pot

Instructions:

Add the ground beef and diced onion to the Instant Pot. Push the Saute button on the Instant Pot. Cook beef until browned.  Then hit the cancel button on the Instant Pot.

I like to puree my diced tomatoes as my boys are not crazy about chunky tomatoes in their chili. They can be pureed easy with an immersion blender or in your Vitamix. Blend until smooth.  Add pureed mixture, beans, and spices to the Instant Pot. Make sure your vent is sealed and then hit the chili button for 30 minutes.  It really doesn't need 30 minutes if you are in a hurry you can get away with 15, but I like how the flavor enhances with time.  Quick release your Instant Pot when done. The smell is wonderful and sure to get the families attention.  Serve and enjoy!

I hope you too will be building memories with those you love with the wonderful chili recipe. Drop me a line I would love to hear from you.

Warm Blessings,
Bridget


No comments:

Post a Comment