Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Heart Warming Cinnamon Almond Milk


I love this sweet, dairy free, almond milk beverage with no refined sugar. I am a tea lover at heart. While walking thorough anemia for the past two years, I cut tea from my diet to increase my iron absorption. Did you know the tannin in tea can block iron absorption? I didn't, and I was a dedicated tea drinker. While longing for a cup of tea, I came up with a way to fill that desire.


Here is what you will need:

1 1/2 cups vanilla unsweetened almond milk (I use Kirkland Organic Almond Milk)
1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup (I use Kirkland Organic Maple Syrup)
1/2 tsp organic cinnamon (I have used pumpkin pie spice too)
1 pinch of sea salt (this just brings out the sweetness)

Instructions:

Add all ingredients to your favorite mug and heat for approximately 2 minutes in the microwave.
I use my milk frothier to get everything mixed up and the milk frothy.

Relax and enjoy!

On a side note, this is awesome cold as well. Let me know if you try it out and what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment