Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

"I Cannot Taste the Kale" Smoothie


I was blessed with a Vitamix for Christmas from my dear mother. So, I am dedicating this post to her, for her generous spirit and wanting to make my life easier. Thanks Mom!

The Vitamix is beyond amazing, and does things that I never thought of doing. I can make all kind of things in this machine, and I can't wait to share. I tried and tried to make kale smoothies with my Oster blender, and we just could not enjoy chunks of kale in our smoothie.

So upon receipt of this awesome gift, my first stop was the kale smoothie. The Vitamix blended it perfectly without a trace of kale. We love it so much we drink it everyday! I occasionally try something new and my kids reply, "We like the kale one best". How awesome is that! Okay, enough already, I'll share the recipe.



Here is what you will need:

Vitamix
1 cup of orange juice
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1 large handful of fresh kale (I usually estimate a amount that would fit smashed in one cup)

Instructions:

Add all ingredients to the Vitamix. Start on the lowest level, and increase to the highest level slowly. I usually run it for a minimum of 45 seconds on high or until I see no little kale specs.

On a side note kale is so good for you. I was looking over the health benefits with my little guy on Dr. Axe's website. After he saw it was good for his eyes he said, "Can I have extra kale in mine?" LOL, 🤣 I love my kids. Some of the amazing benefits of kale that Dr. Axe outlines on his website are that it is anti-inflammatory, a antioxidant food, naturally detoxifying, supports your heart, promotes brain development in infants, helps prevent cancer, and promotes healthy vision. After reading all that I was ready for a extra helping myself. If you have not checked out Dr. Axe's website he has a wealth of information. His site is my go to site for so many things.

I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. If you make it, please come back and let us know what you think. Stay tuned for more Vitamix recipes. As I make things I love, I'll be excited to tell you all about it.

Be blessed,
Bridget


No comments:

Post a Comment