Yum
Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, January 12, 2018

Tomato Basil Soup


Okay, I'm back with another Vitamix recipe. I told you the Vitamix could do some amazing things. Did you know it could make delicious hot soup? I didn't but, when I found out it was my next stop.

Today I am sharing a recipe I from Practical Stewardship for Blender Tomato Basil Soup. I made a few little tweaks to this recipe to suit my families palate, but overall this was an easy and delicious recipe.  Congrats Sonja for creating this delicious recipe that is now a family favorite.

You can find Sonja's original recipe here. Below you will find my tweaks.


Here is what you will need:

1 29 oz can of organic diced tomatoes
1/4 onion
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
10 large leaves of fresh organic basil
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tsp organic avocado or coconut oil

Instructions:

Add 2 tsp organic avocado or coconut oil to small skillet over medium low heat. Saute 1/4 onion till softened, then add 4 cloves of minced garlic. I like this garlic press it has made my life so much easier. Just add the unpeeled clove and press. It is quick and easy! Saute garlic for just 1 minute. Add mixture to your Vitamix.

Add diced tomatoes, salt, oregano, fresh basil, and almond milk to the Vitamix.  Start on the first setting and increase to the highest setting. Blend for 5 to 6 minutes until the soup is hot.  Pour into bowls and serve. This makes about 3 cup servings.

I like to serve mine with homemade biscuit croutons. Use my biscuit recipe found here. Slice one biscuit into bite size pieces. Add 1/2 tsp organic italian seasoning and 1/8 tsp salt to biscuits. Bake at 350 on a baking tray lined with parchment paper for 10 to 12 minutes.

This recipe is super easy and my boys loved it. Let me know what you think and stop by Practical Stewardship and share your comments with Sonja too!

Blessings,
Bridget



No comments:

Post a Comment